Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another juicy one...

Don’t mean to belabor the topic of one of my previous posts, but wouldn’t you know it? After mentioning the pear episode during dinner one evening my sister took great delight in sneaking back to the grocery store to hunt down more of these bizarre butts! Unbeknownst to me she found one, snuck it home and set it on top of the pile of ripening fruit on the counter to surprise me.

And she waited…

And she waited…

And she waited…

Until one afternoon over the weekend [Mother’s day actually] I innocently reached for a pear and true to form looked at it before washing it. It gave me a start when I saw that tell-tale crease, and my mind wondered how probable it could be that there were two of these out there and that both ended up in our house. Then I realized my sister was watching me intently, and looked up to find her laughing at the puzzled look on my face.

She laughed…

And then she, mom and Silly laughed…

And then we all laughed!

Silly was standing there chuckling, and he started to sing “fat bottomed pears…” and asked me if I had read his comment to my post. Of course I had, but I didn’t realize it was from the song by Queen, “Fat Bottomed Girls”… And I thought, hmm, I’d never heard this one, I wondered why that was, because I grew up listening to Queen’s music playing on the radio.

So I went off and searched the web for the lyrics to see what they were about, all I can say is poor little boy, if they were based on his experience. But the modified chorus really did fit the pear!! Gave me quite a chuckle actually when I understood it [note to all, I'm slow...thankfully it was still humorous after it was explained]! LOL!

“Oh you gonna let it all hang out
Fat bottomed pears
you make the rocking world go round yeah
Fat bottomed pears
you make the rocking world go round…”

Oh by the way, I couldn’t eat this pear either.

CD

No comments:

Post a Comment