Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still Stargazing

Yesterday was another fantastic day of beautiful weather, so I decided to lengthen the weekend by spending one more day at home. I ended up gardening, which is a very satisfying task for me; to actually see the end result of hard work is edifying (something that the tedious hours in a gray cubicle day after day does not supply).

It was topped off by my being able to spend the day with someone that I love to death! My brother came over and I was thrilled; he is one of my all time favorite people on Earth! I gave him a few starts of some plants, not as many as I'd liked to have given him, but hopefully these will be beautiful in his landscape when they mature.

While I was outside trying to keep out of direct sunlight, because I'm currently on antibiotics as a preventative measure for a deer tick that was found embedded in my arm (not certain how long it was there). Anyway as I was weeding along a shaded spot the fragrance of the stargazer lilies was an overpowering scent, talk about fabulous!! Here's another picture of one of the plants in bloom. It stands about four feet high and is loaded with blooms. I wish I could share the sweet scent of these as well.



CD~

No comments:

Post a Comment