Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Water seeks its own level, or the mute button on the remote is my best friend

Okay, I’ll admit it; I was a fan of America’s Got Talent. I’ve enjoyed watching the show over the past few years. We’ve shared a lot of laughs and have enjoyed following the talented people as they emerged and worked their way through the various competitions into the finals. It has been truly entertaining.

Last season they added Jerry Springer to the roster as the show host. He was actually an interesting addition to the time slot. Mr. Springer interjected a “close up and personal” aspect to the show, by acting as a sympathetic non-partial interviewer of the contestants, as well as the ring master of the circus.

Unfortunately this season has been a tough one to swallow. With the exit of Jerry and the entrance of a new host, Nick Cannon, the show simply became implausible. When I heard Mr. Cannon introduce the first act I scanned the TV screen, searching in vain for Michael Tyson with his lisping high pitched voice and poor grammar. But no, there was no errant piece of an ear lying on the stage, just a thin nondescript young man with no poise, no demeanor and certainly no grasp of English grammar. As the weeks have gone by it has become more and more difficult to listen to Mr. Cannon speak without laughing. Instead of an in-charge circus ring master as host, the show is now led by a circus clown. And he even emphasized his role last night, he looked like a consumate clown, all he lacked was a squishy red nose.

Okay, so this was not a classy show to begin with, but nonetheless it has sunk to a lower level and has become a big joke. Excuse me Mr. Morgan, time for you to jump ship, regardless of your friendship with Simon Cowell. Your honesty and poise are being wasted and totally lost on something laughable.

CD~

PS: And what’s with Sharon Osbourne? 16 dogs and all they do is pee on her silk draperies? Just think of the smell! Ouch!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter, my nephew, and a friend of theirs went to see a taping of The Jerry Springer Show. She's been wanting to go to a taping forever. Once she turned 18, she was able to go, so they got tickets and were in the audience. As far as I know, the show hasn't aired yet, but I really want to see it because she stood up and said something to one of the guests and I guess my nephew shielded his face from the camera when she stood up to talk. How funny is that?

    I have watched some of the reality shows, like America's Got Talent, and I agree with you that the judges make or break the show.

    ReplyDelete